We are adventure travel bloggers. So why did we head to Foxwoods Casino in Connecticut? Not our typical adventure for us. My girls had a concert nearby and we took the challenge to show what else there is to do at Foxwoods Resort Casino besides gambling. I’ll share our top five things to do in and around Foxwoods besides the obvious- gamble.
Sizing Up the Area
The size of Foxwoods is almost overwhelming. Not surprising, since Foxwoods Resort Casino is the largest resort casino in North America. There are 7 casinos, 4 hotels and over 30 dining experiences. We stayed on he 22 floor of the beautiful Fox Tower. With the blanket of autumn colored trees far below, the views from this height were very impressive. We could have stayed in our room all day enjoying the views.
The views at sunset were incredible!
The comfy room had an incredible bathroom with the most amazing shower, and travelers know that the shower can literally make or break your trip. After settling down, what are adventure travelers to do at Foxwoods? I know, I know, gamble, but see everyone knows about the casinos. They speak for themselves. So do you think that gambling is all that Foxwoods has to offer? Fear not, RoarLoud has you covered with things you can do besides gamble. Here are our top 5
1. Visit the Mashantucket Pequot Museum – Just minutes from the hotel, we arrived in the middle of a Pow wow in honor of Veteran’s Day. The costumes were amazing and the drumming was very moving and powerful. If you visit, do check the schedule to see if there will be a Pow wow so that you can plan your visit around it. Next we headed to the tower, up 17 floors. Frank was less than happy in the glass viewing room up this high or on the glass elevator, but we quickly took some great photos of both Foxwoods and the surrounding area. I’d love to see this again with peak foliage. The museum itself offered many realistic displays of Native American life that we took a self guided tour through.
- 2. My favorite- eating! Foxwoods has over 30 choices for you on property. I know it sounds like it would be too hard to choose, and it was but no worries. Ask your concierge for tips on what they would recommend based on your tastes. We ate dinner at Vue 24 and left completely satisfied.
- 3. Head to the shops– We are not really shoppers, but on our way back from dinner we were a little lost, and ended up walking through the whole outlet mall area. Tanger Outlets offers everything from high end shops to affordable stores you know well. Mixed in with the shops were many restaurants that looked great, especially the retro diner and the candy shop of course!
- 4. Ready for entertainment? Foxwoods has two award winning golf courses to use in season. Six nightclubs will keep you dancing all night long. They even had a luxury bowling alley. When is the last time you heard luxury and bowling alley in the same sentence, but they have it at here! As we headed back to our room a show was letting out. From concerts to comedy, you can find almost anything at Foxwoods.
- 5. Explore the Mystic – The next day we headed out to the surrounding area to explore Mystic, Connecticut. We had to visit the famous Mystic Pizza from the popular movie, even the kids liked the pizza shop despite not knowing about the movie.
Something for Everyone
Although we are adventure travelers, we can appreciate adventures when we are not roughing it. Foxwoods was a unique and diverse experience for us to explore. No matter what your interests…highroller or 10 pin bowler, Foxwoods is fun and worth the trip for the whole family.
We received a media rate for our stay at Foxwoods. As always all opinions are honest and our own.
Check out more fun activities in New England:
Save this post- pin it!