Why pick one campground over another? Here are the top 5 reasons we enjoyed Tarry Ho Campground in Twin Mountain, NH!
1. Location is key! Being close to your trailhead for a hike or close to activities in the White Mountains you are heading to allows for more sleep- always important for the non morning person like me! An added bonus of being in moose country puts Tarry Ho Campground very high on the list for the moose obsessed like Frank. The night we slept there we saw 4 moose with not too much extra effort.
2. I love to rough it and camp deep in the woods but I do insist on clean bath houses when I’m not in the woods. The bath house at Tarry Ho was spotless and had a couple of nice FREE showers that are very welcome after a long hike!
3. A friendly, reasonable owner of a campground can make a huge difference in your stay! Michelle the owner of Tarry Ho is very hands on. Whether she is walking the campground to check on guests or tending to the very clean bath house the owner is available for her guests and clearly cares deeply about her campground. Need advice on where to eat or an activity in the area just ask!
4. The choice of cabins or tenting it is a great bonus of this campground. The 6 cabins are very cute and perfectly clean all with new queen sized beds. Each of the cabins has screen porch and private bathroom. Sleeping on a bed instead of an air mattress and not having to take a tent down in the early morning before a hike is a luxury for most of us hikers!
5. Finally, did you forget something? No problem the store at Tarry Ho has whatever you didn’t bring. Need wood for a campfire, random forgotten toiletry or even an ice cream – it is there at the store!
Bonus reason Tarry Ho is great- pet friendly! Is your dog working on his hiking list, no problem at Tarry Ho Campground. I’m not sure on the policy on wildcats but as long as the roaring isn’t too loud past quiet hour it should be fine! Roar!
- Adventures in the Wild Mountains of the Alps - February 14, 2017
- Montreal’s Street Art Lured Me Into Alleys - February 5, 2017
- 10 Travel Moments That Made 2016 Not Suck - December 31, 2016
- Top 25 Dream Destinations Around the World - December 19, 2016
- Mount Pico Reaching the Top of the Azores - December 4, 2016